Sulphur Spa at Smradavka
Natural healing source is a medium mineralized mineral water of geochemical type HCO3-Na, sulphur,the water is cold, hypotonic.
BEFORE ENTERING THE BATH a warm short (max. two minutes long) shower is recommended. This will change the structure of the ions on the body surface and skin perfusion
which will enhancethe resorption of active substances of the mineral water. It is necessary to remove all of your jewelry.
BATH The temperature of the bath is 36-38C and it takes 15-20 minutes. The bath may be taken 3 times a week unless your doctor states otherwise.
In case of experiencing nausea or faintness the patient uses the signal equipment to call the medical staff.
WRAP Another part of the procedure is the whole body dry wrap while patient is lying with his head slightly supported for 10 minutes.
After getting dressed it is beneficial to take a few moments in the waiting room to let the thermoregulatory effect to wear off. This is considered to be a good practice especially in autumn and winter season to avoid an alarm stress reaction to cold temperatures.
- Atopic and chronic eczema
- Conditions after burns
- Non-articular and muscular rheumatism
- Degenerative joint disease (after surgery with the use of joint replacement, after amputations)
- Inflammatory joint diseases
- Cerebral Palsy
- Parkinson disease (P.S. is a neurodegenerative disease of central nervous system mainly affecting motor system. That results from the death of a dopamine generating cells in a region of a midbrain.
- Neuromuscular diseases
- Bronchial asthma
- Epilepsy (neurological disorder in which nerve cell activity in the brain becomes disrupted, causing seizures)
- Severe heart and cardiovascular diseases
- Infectious disease (infection is the invasion of an organism's body tissues by disease-causing agents, their multiplication, and the reaction of host tissues to these organisms and the toxins they produce.
- Thrombophlebitis (phlebitis, vein inflammation)
- Active psychosis (abnormal condition of mind, unusual or bizarre behavior, as well as difficulty with social interaction and impairment in carrying out daily life activities.
- Unstable diabetes